Thursday, October 4, 2018

The Development Birder!

After mulling over the idea for a while, I've decided to start an occasional blog, focused on trip reports, but perhaps with occasional other birding topics when the mood strikes me. My reasoning:

1. I have a really cool job that lets me travel around the world (in international development - hence the blog title), and, as a perk, see lots of great birds. It will be nice to document these sightings somewhere besides Facebook (where I am getting the distinct feeling most of my friends and family have gotten more than their fill of my birding posts :) )

2. When I'm researching birding spots for an upcoming trip, I always appreciate finding trip reports. I figure, why not pay it forward? Hopefully this can be useful to someone. 

3. I always like meeting other birders, both in my area (Washington DC/Maryland), and globally. I'm a member of various ID groups, but this seems like an other avenue.

The focus of this blog will be on birds seen during international travel, but if I have a particularly spectacular birding day in the US, I'll probably post it here too. My first proper post will be on my just-wrapping up trip to Ghana (actually I'm writing this in Accra). After that, I'll post as news warrants it. That's all for now, looking forward to my first trip report in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment